Monday 27 April 2015

Vintage Fair- Chelsea









On Sunday 26.04.15 I came across an app called 'Elite' on my iPhone, the app has different cool events around London for you to choose from, I clicked on the Fashion tab and discovered that there was a fair on at Chelsea Town Hall right by where I live, I didn't have very high expectations but I was pleasantly surprised to find a beautiful building inside filled with old vintage classics up to 100 years old.
The building was incredible, it was build between 1906 and 1908 and was really quiet something. As soon as you stepped through the door you felt like you had stepped back in time. I've been vintage shopping plenty of times (Portobello Market, Brick Lane etc) but this fair really  blew me out the water.. people travelled from as far as Paris to come and display there stall of one of a kind Vintage goods. I came across a Parisian man who only collected Yves St Laurent vintage goods, his stall was dangerous, I could of bought every piece of clothing especially the belts. I spent hours rummaging, I even came across a 1920's embellished dress in a gorgeous purple colour, it was valued at £450 to my dismay. I walked away with two things, a 1980's embellished halter top, perfect for festivals this summer and had exquisite beading on, and a bag from Autumn Winter 1930!

please visit their website by clicking the link below-
Frock Me! Vintage Fashion Fair

The next ones on June 7th see you there! x

No comments:

Post a Comment